HARLEY MARINE SERVICES
Job Title: Claims Manager
Department/Location: HMS, Seattle, WA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Type: Regular – Full time
Reports to: VP, Risk Management, Environmental and Regulatory
Responsible for the management of the claims processes. Interface with Operations, Safety, Human Resources, nurse case managers, insurance, attorneys and other parties to ensure claims processes are followed from start to finish. Ensure compliance is met on state, federal and maritime laws. Analyze and develop the administrative processes and procedures to maximize effectiveness and efficiency. Maritime/Jones Act experience preferred.
• Follow-up on all cases, including the investigations, and keep all documentation current.
• Track and maintain all emails and correspondence.
• Maintain contact with employee through the claims process.
• Track Maintenance & Cure and Continuation of Voyage to ensure payments are correct
• Ensure constant communication is maintained with the nurse case manager and employee.
• Discuss treatment authorization and contingency plans for alternative treatment.
• Gather all Hull damage claim reports and Oil Pollution Incidents. Work with Operations/HSQ department, and surveyor and/or counsel.
• Track all expenses for reimbursement of insurance.
• Notification of Insurance (entities P&I/Hull & Machinery)
• Work with Safety Managers and/or Nurse Case Managers on the current status of an employee’s claim.
• Work with insurance companies to confirm claims are being managed
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of claims experience including two years prior management or supervisory experience.
• Strong people and operational management skills.
• Extensive knowledge of medical conditions and terminology.
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications.
• Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
• Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Normal office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Please apply at: http://www.harleymarine.com/careers.asp