RPS Evans-Hamilton, part of the RPS Oceanography Division, is seeking a highly motivated individual as an integral part of a team of field support personnel and instrument specialists in Charleston, SC. We are seeking a self-starting individual with a positive attitude who can adapt to a variable work schedule. The optimal candidate will be qualified in marine instrumentation; electrical, networking, and mechanical troubleshooting, and have a working knowledge of various traditional oceanographic deployment systems and strategies. Primary duties include the testing, setup, installation, retrieval, servicing and troubleshooting of marine related measurement systems. The position includes working on projects in the US and internationally, and out of town travel for periods of 2 days to 2 weeks on short notice will be required. Position requires a valid driver’s license and eligibility for a passport and TWIC card. Additional information on the RPS Oceanography Division and the RPS Group can be found at http://www.rpsgroup.com/USA/Services/Environment/Metocean-Oceanography.aspx.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering, electrical or mechanical fields
• Experience in port industrial settings and dredging is highly beneficial
• Training will be provided
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and within a team environment
• Must be able to adjust readily to change, make decisions independently
• Experience in the installation and operation of oceanographic instrumentation.
• Experience in troubleshooting electronics including data communication and computer interfacing issues.
• Competence with Microsoft Office applications, Excel and Word.
• Have experience with low voltage DC systems
• Be computer literate with basic IT and networking skills
• Strong communication skills and experience in client interactions
• Familiarity with scientific and/or environmental data
• Time series data QA/QC and processing
• Computer programming, particularly Matlab
• GIS in ESRI’s Arc Desktop
• Hypack Software
• Data Telemetry systems
Interested candidates should email resumes and cover letters to Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference job title in the email subject line. No third parties. Please include salary requirements.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer and offers a generous benefits package.