Lake Union Drydock Company, a Seattle shipyard, has an opening for a motivated Assistant Buyer. Only candidates with the required experience will be considered for the position. Local candidates or those able to self relocate are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Buyer
• Ensures adherence to Lake Union Drydock Company’s procurement policies and procedures.
• Manages appropriate levels of stock to ensure that proper material is available when needed.
• Ensures that the material received matches the shipping documents and works with vendors to remedy any discrepancies.
• Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential vendors and their pricing/delivery structures.
• Responsible for scanning items, printing barcode labels, entering new items into the inventory management system, and distributing materials with the proper requisition.
• Works with the accounting group to ensure accurate and timely cycle counts of inventory.
• Maintains an organized and clean work environment.
• Works with others in the department to ensure cross-training in all areas.
• Assists the Purchasing Manager and fills-in during absences.
• Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required. AA degree in business related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Minimum two (2) years buying experience, preferably in ship repair or heavy industry. Experience using software package for a medium sized purchasing department. He/she must maintain professional and technical knowledge. Experience with all phases of procurement cycle is required.
• Non-union, non-exempt
• Salary range: $36,000-43,600, depending upon qualifications
• Benefits offered: Medical, dental, vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, 401(k) plan, profit sharing after one year of service, and life insurance
To apply: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Lake Union Drydock Company is an Equal Opportunity Company.