Lake Union Drydock Company, a Seattle shipyard, has an opening for a motivated Shipyard Superintendent/HR Manager. Only candidates with the required experience will be considered for the position. Local candidates or those able to self relocate are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for the Shipyard Superintendent
• Maintain facilities in a clean, orderly and safe manner at all times.
• Assess maintenance and capital improvement needs. Obtain estimates for proposed work and manage projects.
• Review and approve all overhead purchase requests.
• Develop and manage preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment.
• Maintain documentation files.
Responsibilities for the HR Manager
• Supervise all shop Foremen and facilitate improved productivity, communications, and cooperation between Shops, Project Superintendents, Purchasing, Estimating and Plant Administration.
• Assist with the administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
• Mediate problems and misunderstanding between shops.
• Coordinate with the various departments to assess and resolve manpower needs relative to production commitments.
• Ensure that all policies are communicated and uniformly enforced.
• Must have 5 years of relevant experience as an on-site Superintendent and Human Resource Manager.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as strong verbal and written presentation skills
• Experience with unions required
• Shipyard experience preferred.
• Non-union, exempt
• Salary range: $75,000 - $85,000, depending upon qualifications
• Benefits offered: Medical, dental, vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, 401(k) plan, profit sharing after one year of service, and life insurance
To apply: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Lake Union Drydock Company is an Equal Opportunity Company