Manages the ongoing maintenance of Pacific Whale Foundation's eco tour fleet and equipment of affiliated operations. Manages regulatory compliance with U.S. Coast Guard, Hawaii DLNR, and all other applicable agencies. Creates and manages department budget to ensure efficiency. Ensures vessels are ready for operation as needed, minimizing unanticipated down time. Plans and oversees dry-docks of all vessels. Manages maintenance crew. Reports to the Operations Manager of Pacific Whale Foundation.
• Manage maintenance work flow to maintain safe, high-performing fleet to ensure that all vessels are equipped to operate in an environmentally sound manner
• Manage communication with captains and vessel staff to facilitate maintenance requests and ensure timely, thorough responses
• Plan and facilitate USCG annual COI inspections and ensure vessels are in compliance with all Federal and State regulations, and PWF company policies.
• Facilitate all vessel dry docks
• Maintain a state-of-the-art vessel maintenance program in coordination with the Operations Manager, maintenance team, and vessel captains
• Assist with the design and development of new vessels
• Maintain consistent, clear communication with the Operations Manager, Executive Director, and maintenance staff
• Maintain all company equipment, including fleet of company vehicles. Provide facility support to PWF offices, retail stores, and restaurant.
• Assists with Whale Day and other special events as directed.
• Strong dedication to the PWF mission and adherence to strategic plan for department
• Maintain a fair work environment. Ensure clear and appropriate documentation of employee work performance through enforcement of PWF policies and procedures.
• Must have a strong knowledge of USCG policies and maritime regulations for Subchapter T certified passenger vessels
• Licensed marine engineer preferred
• Must have 5 years minimum relative marine maintenance and managerial experience
• Experience in maintenance project management
• Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office programs and Google tools
• Ability to drive company vehicles, including trailers
• Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills
• Demonstrated high level of professionalism
• Excellent decision making skills in high-stress situations
• Excellent managerial skills
• Highly organized with ability to set and meet goals and deadlines
• Must be available full time and on a flexible basis
• Must have reliable transportation
• Clean driving abstract
Come join our team!
Pacific Whale Foundation checks references, conducts background and drug screens and is an equal opportunity employer. PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ACCEPT UNSOLICITED APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS WITH PHOTOS, PERSONAL INFORMATION (SUCH AS BUT NOT LIMITED TO: MEDICAL HISTORY, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, PARENTAL STATUS, ETC.), OR APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE INCOMPLETE OR ILLEGIBLE.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com detailing your relevant work experience. Please be sure to type the job position name 'MAINTENANCE MANAGER' in the email subject line. You may also send a hard copy to Pacific Whale Foundation, Attn: Human Resources, 300 Ma'alaea Rd, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793. Please, no phone calls!
MAHALO FOR YOUR INTEREST IN PACIFIC WHALE FOUNDATION. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU AND REVIEWING YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.