Marine Systems Engineer
He/she will perform marine systems engineering functional responsibilities for system integration with other maritime companies as well as contributing to new product development.
Duties will include:
• Interface with current and prospective partners on system integration.
• Provide project technical analysis and recommendations to management.
• Project design, implementation and documentation.
• Interface with industry regulatory bodies (ABS, DNV, etc.) when needed.
• Maintain a high level of awareness of advances in the Marine Engineering field.
• Provide input on new product design, prototyping, testing and implementation.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Electronics, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering from an accredited institution or a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a Maritime Academy is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience is shipboard systems design is required.
• Working knowledge of marine system design requirements and shipboard protocols, marine bridge systems, type approval processes
• Must be able to work as an individual contributor as well as a cross-functional team member within AWT and with clients and partners.
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Strong writing skills
Experience at sea as a Radio Officer/Electro Technical Officer or Marine Engineer and/or ashore in a shipping company would be an advantage
Some national and international travel will be required.
The position reports to the Vice President of Product Management located at the company’s headquarters in Sunnyvale California.
AWT offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary commensurate on experience. Please email cover letter and resume if interested.