Marine Hydraulics Specialist
Reports to: Production Manager
Essential Function: Proficient in troubleshooting hydraulic issues on marine vessels. Performs overhauls on all hydraulic components. Experience with the installation, operation, repair, testing, and maintenance of hydraulically operated shipboard marine equipment / machinery.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Perform hydraulic component repair including pumps, motors and valves.
2. Oversee hydraulic system design, installation and testing.
3. Perform hose fabrication and testing.
4. Perform or oversee hydraulic system flushing to customer’s specifications.
5. Current experience using diagnostic equipment.
6. Specialized experience in the operation, troubleshooting, repair and assessment of ship controls including steering, stabilizers, and deck machinery.
7. Perform test and evaluation, checkout, and certification tasks.
8. Provide technical data and evaluation for components, equipment and systems consistent with engineering plans, layout and contract requirements.
9. Ability to travel approximately 20% of time.
10. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on a consistent basis.
1. Critical thinking and problem solving skill
2. Planning and organizing.
4. Communication Skill
6. Influencing and leading
8. Team work
9. Conflict management
11. Stress tolerance