The candidate for this position will assist the Yard Manager in the daily operations of the Yacht Club facilities.
• Open and close facility each day
• Supervise the Yard crew
• Assist the Waterfront Manager in marina issues, launch operations and maintenance of the Yacht Club
• Operating of a 50 Ton Travel Lift and able to drive a boat. Willing to obtain a USCG License and learn to operate a Crane along with towing of boats. NYS driver’s license required.
• Launch and haul boats from 20 feet to 60 feet and power wash all boats.
• Manage process in accordance with safety requirements.
• Boat maintenance: painting, waxing, shrink-wrap, fueling boats.
• Knowledge of boat repairs: electrical, bilge repairs, moorings, fiberglass, and carpentry.
• Commission winter storage boats
• Oversee project development
• Identify and resolve project issues and conflicts
• Maintain office and records in good working order
• Assist with marina contracts, payments and communications with members
• Assist members with their boating needs
• Manage a safe environmentally friendly facility
• Track and manage all aspects of slips, yard storage
Interact with staff, train as necessary on safe boating procedures
We are looking for someone with strong work ethic, ability to work independently, work well under pressure, great leadership, ability to multi-task, assertive and attentive to details, and great communication skills.