PORT ENGINEER - TANKERS (Seattle, WA)
Management position responsible for the repair, maintenance, and modifications of U.S. flag petroleum tanker vessels assigned to a specific region or operating company.
To view the full job description and apply for this position visit: https://erecruit.crowley.com and click the “View Job Postings/ Apply for Jobs” link.
• Development and monitoring of budgets and schedules, contractor selection, and contract management.
• Responsibility for compliance with regulatory rules and regulations and liaison to USCG and ABS agencies.
• Management of the vessels’ daily maintenance and repair as well as all expenditure controls.
• Complete drydock and project management as well as the development of specifications and bid packages, contract negotiations, and quality assurance.
• Monitor the vessel’s maintenance & repair and purchasing modules in the computerized management program and reporting system (NS5).
• Act as liaison to vessel charterer (including vessels chartered to US Government- MSC)
• Travel will be required to attend vessels for routine monitoring as well as for project and drydock management.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in marine engineering or equivalency in engineering related field. Minimum 5 years experience in marine engineering and USCG engineer license (can be expired) required. Oil tanker and shoreside experience strongly preferred. All Crowley positions require proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Jacksonville-based Crowley Maritime Corporation, founded in San Francisco in 1892, is a privately held family and employee-owned company that provides diversified transportation and logistics.
Crowley is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy workplace to each of its employees; fulfilling the safety, security, environmental and quality requirements of our customers; and continually improving our Environmental Stewardship through prevention of pollution and protection of the environment.
Must be U.S. work authorized - no sponsorship available. Crowley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.