Great Lakes Shipyard located in Cleveland, Ohio is currently hiring a Quality, Safety and Environmental Manager.
We operate a full-service shipyard with a 770-ton Travelift and a dry dock specializing in all types marine construction and repairs for vessels, tugs, supply boats, ferries, barges excursion vessels, dinner boats, research vessels, large yachts and off-site topside work of every kind.
A bachelor’s degree and related field experience with a maritime background preferred. A working knowledge of EPA and OSHA Shipyard Regulations is required.
Summarized below are the duties and responsibilities of the Quality, Safety and Environmental Manager.
• Management of all shipyard quality, safety, and environmental programs;
• Ensure shipyard services conform to established company safety, quality and environmental procedures and customer and regulatory specifications;
• Review current policies and create new plans to improve quality standards by developing key metrics, procedures and record keeping for inspections and testing;
• Develop and maintain document control system and develop evaluation criteria for key metrics;
• Ensure that all activities conform to health and safety regulations and legislation. A working knowledge of EPA and OSHA Shipyard Standards is required;
• Maintain library of applicable quality, safety and health rules and regulations, including all training certificates and welders’ qualification certifications of shipyard employees;
• Maintain a safe and hazard-free environment on all tugs and surrounding properties, and investigate and report any accidents or incidents causing personal injury or damage to property;
• Enforce all Company policies regarding personal protective equipment (PPE), as required by OSHA and as stipulated in Company policies;
• Provide guidance and support for personnel hiring initiatives, including employee performance, growth, training and retention and other human resource initiatives;
• Perform New Hire Safety Orientation and Monthly “Tool Box” Safety training;
• Propose, develop and implement improvements in the areas of production control, budget development, efficiency, scheduling, and quality engineering and monitoring;
• Work tasks include review of drawings and documentation detailing lifesaving appliance locations and arrangements, egress route availability and placement, and provisions for means of escape from properties and vessels. Fire safety aspects include review of overall facility design, classification of structural fire integrity divisions and approval of individual fabrication details and materials used in marine construction.
• Manage the DOT program for company drivers and vehicles.
• Ensure that EPA standards are maintained for the waste program and controls.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long term disability insurance, employee assistance program, 401(k) profit sharing plan, vacation time, sick time, company paid holidays and a friendly working environment.
Candidates must be able to pass background check and have E-Verify authorization.
Submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements: by email: email@example.com; by fax: 216-781-7472; or by mail: Attn: Mary Wells, Human Resources Manager The Great Lakes Group, 4500 Division Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44102.
For more information on the Company, visit www.thegreatlakesgroup.com