Planner/Scheduler - 50459
Posted: January 8th | Open Until: February 8th | Location: Portland, OR
About Vigor Marine
Vigor Industrial LLC is a thriving West Coast provider of innovative industrial services. Our dynamic operations are united by a focus on quality craftsmanship, respect for each individual, and dedication to the task at hand. Our Company is committed to working in a safe and environmentally-responsible manner. Vigor Marine facilities are currently located in Bremerton, Everett and Tacoma, WA; Portland, OR; and Alameda and San Diego, CA.
Vigor Marine is one of seven companies in the Vigor Industrial family. We are a fast paced, highly successful ship repair company. With West Coast-wide operations, Vigor Marine’s projects range from voyage repair to complex dry-dockings.
Position is responsible for assembling and analyzing project information, and preparing understandable documents, which serve as tools to help coordinate/manage project tasks and resources at individual project and division levels.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Review specifications and contract documents; understand the project work, and the schedule and reporting requirements of the contract. Assume responsibility for assigned areas of responsibility.
2. Lead project team members in planning/scheduling process; obtain input and participation in schedule development.
3. Solicit input and participation by team subcontractors in planning and scheduling process. Integrate schedules from multiple providers.
4. Identify correct logical relationships, constraints, etc. and propose best schedule methodology for the project. Comply with contract requirements for schedules and reporting.
5. Create and manage all required project schedules, utilizing scheduling software required, including MS Project and Primavera P3 or P6.
6. Participate with Project Management Team (PMT) to create Work Breakdown Structure for projects.
7. Participate with PMT and Estimating to develop budgets and resource loaded schedule activities. Produce labor projections, graphs, and reports.
8. Maintain, manage multiple project schedules. Solicit and input weekly progress updates.
9. Produce schedules and schedule reports as required for both internal management and reporting to external customers.
10. Produce schedule reports in support of customer invoicing.
11. Incorporate scope changes and other changes to project schedules, analyze and report impacts.
12. Communicate with project management team to ensure that scheduling and EVMS efforts are managed in accordance with the contract requirements and meet internal reporting and management needs.
13. Works with internal and external resources to resolve conflicts, problems, and coordinate schedules.
14. Maintain Drydock/Berth schedules and division wide resource loading reports
15. Assist in the development of Technical Proposals
Operates within general parameters, but must use sound judgment and independent decision-making when carrying our most job responsibilities. Has the ability to influence and recommend modifying existing protocols. No budget responsibility, but does monitor contract and subcontract performance to establish progress and status. Failure to meet customer expectations and requirements could result in increased costs, affect cash flow.
Please apply online at