Summary of Job Duties
Employee in this position is generally responsible for the activities involved in the procurement of materials and subcontractors, tools as required for full operation of the facility and parts as required by NBBB employees, technicians and specialists. The Purchasing Manager is in charge of a team that ensures that orders are received in a procurement schedule. Keeps Management Team informed of purchasing analysis and works to improve profitability with value programs.
• Prepare and manage Purchasing strategy.
• Source and negotiate pricing and purchase of material and services for multiple ship building/ship repair projects.
• Undergo complex negotiations with suppliers on material to ensure that best prices and delivery quality priorities are met.
• Training, development, and evaluation of Purchasing Department staff members.
• Review requisitions for best value prior to ordering materials requested.
• Evaluate multiple supplier quotes and services to determine the best possible quality and prices on materials.
• Establish purchasing policies and terms, and ensures compliance.
• Work under minimal supervision to identify problems and provide solutions while assisting with strategic planning and implementation.
• Develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
• Maintain procurement records using a designated filing system for easy retrieval and retention purposes.
• Prepare purchase orders or bid requests as necessary.
• Review/Assist in processing incoming bids for best value or best total price, and determine contract/purchase order award.
• Work with Warehouse specialist to ensure proper material is bought and received.
• Manage remedies for defective, unacceptable, or damaged goods received though the warehouse and expedite orders as necessary.
• Manages an inventory system.
3.0 Physical Conditions
• Position is performed primarily in an office setting. Employee may be required to work on a limited basis in production and warehouse areas, in many different climates.
4.0 Job Requirements
o Bachelor’s Degree Required.
o Five (5) years experience working as a Purchasing Agent or Purchasing Manager in a Marine Environment.
o Strong Organizational and prioritization skills required.
o Ability to communicate effectively with vendors and coworkers.
o Computer proficient in all Microsoft Office Products.
o Demonstrate high initiative and drive to address problems and drive resolution.
o Ability to manage time and meet all deadlines.
o Able to express ideas concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing.
o MRP System
o Experience with Sage MAS 90/200 ERP Software.
o FAR/DFAR knowledge.
Nichols Brothers Boat Builders (NBBB) invests over 45 years of experience on Whidbey Island in Washington State into the new construction and repair of a variety of vessels. NBBB specializes in steel and aluminum new construction, repair, and major conversions. Our portfolio expresses our quality, attention to detail and our passion for boat building. We welcome employees that are ready to be a part of a great team and bring with them their experience in the boat building industry.
Human Resources Manager
Ice Floe, LLC dba Nichols Brothers Boat Builders
Phone: (360) 331-5500 ext. 315
Fax: (360) 331-7484
5400 S. Cameron Road
PO Box 580
Freeland, WA 98249