BAE Systems Ship Repair is the leading U.S. non-nuclear ship repair, modernization and overhaul company and has six full-service shipyards strategically located on the East, Gulf, and West coasts with facilities located in Norfolk, VA, Jacksonville/Mayport, FL, Mobile, AL, San Diego, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Hawaii. BAE Systems’ facilities provide ship maintenance, fabrication, conversion, and life extension modernization, conversion, and overhaul for government and commercial customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership, guidance, and subject matter expertise to the Shipyard Steel department
• Provides subject matter expertise for welding and shipfitting
• Responsible for the implementation of all production schedules, monitoring and maintenance of schedules of Steel Department
• Liaise with department managers and Director to resolve issues
• Provide all the required project metrics, and project specifics
• Responsible for Purchase Order review and approval for material on all projects
• Provide accurate estimates of manpower, material and equipment needs to complete projects and tasks
• Plans and schedules are provided to various departments to integrate with other craft plans and schedules
• Assist in managing/developing department employees, including motivating, leading, training, and disciplinary action, as needed.
• Ensures correct production and inspection procedures are adhered to
• Accountable for monitoring resource levels and the distribution of all labor and material resources.
• Proven champion of Safety and OSHA compliance is mandatory
• A minimum of five (5) years’ of experience in shipbuilding shipfitting and structural steel
• Demonstrated expertise in steel welding and shipfitting
• Proven leadership abilities
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent people management skills
• Proven knowledge of scheduling format and reports including manning requirements
• Familiarity with US Navy contracts and oversight a plus
• Sound computer skills in Excel, Word and Outlook.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, security, and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land, and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With over 100,000 employees worldwide, BAE Systems had 2011 sales of more than $30 billion.
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential. We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. Join us…
Please send resume to