Marine Systems Designer - 38692
Posted: June 27th | Open Until: September 1st, or until filled | Location: Seattle, WA
About US Fab
US Fab is part of the Vigor Industrial family of industrial services. We are an innovative manufacturer based in the Pacific Northwest. From sea-worthy barges to methane gas recycling systems, we use advanced technology and specialized manufacturing to meet our customer’s needs.
(Many of the exciting Seattle opportunities have been created because the Company has been awarded two Washington State Ferry contracts. The anticipated duration is through the end of 2014. As a result, the continuance of this position beyond the referenced projects will be contingent upon future project awards being obtained.)
The role administers and coordinates all or major portions of Engineering activities for ship design and construction/overhaul projects as assigned.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Develop designs and prepare drawings and associated technical documentation in support of Naval Architects and Engineers, including necessary calculations.
2. Prepare and analyze technical design studies.
3. Prepare and maintain an overall program plan for the Department, in regard to schedules, submittals and issuance of data.
4. Prepare or cause to be prepared, collect, review, adjust, and submit estimates for new jobs and changes for jobs on hand with regard to Engineering Services.
5. Coordinate technical data activities within the Department and with other Departments.
6. Maintain the necessary schedules for proper and timely execution of all design and configuration development efforts.
7. Maintain communication and coordination with the customer and other Departments on configuration and design matters.
8. Determine and define the technical data products required for assigned projects.
9. Conduct necessary meetings and write technical letters, reports & correspondence with customers.
10. Responds to change productively and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The Marine Designer operates within established guidelines and at the direction of the Project Engineer or Director of Engineering. The Designer is responsible for making technical decisions within his/her discipline.
Please apply online at