Safety Manager - 38681
Posted: June 27th | Open Until: July 20th | Location: Portland, OR
About Vigor Industrial
Vitality - Intensity - Stamina - Staying Power - Strength… This is VIGOR!
VIGOR Industrial is a thriving provider of innovative industrial services. You’ll find VIGOR companies along the West Coast and in the Puget Sound. Our Seattle operation is the largest marine employer in the State of Washington. VIGOR owns several companies that perform industrial work ranging from ship repair to specialty coatings to machining and marine construction.
The Safety Manager provides leadership in the assigned location and across disciplines for creation and compliance with safety practices supporting the company’s commitment to safety. Solutions-based assessment and leadership of work in progress to identify the smartest way to safely accomplish the work. The Safety Manager provides direct leadership to safety personnel to ensure that daily work activities are accomplished consistent with our safety vision and applicable regulations. Responsible for emergency preparedness, evacuation procedures and development, implementation and compliance with work safety and ergonomic standards. Responsible for creating, maintaining and issuing reports to operations that provide visibility into safety outcomes. Responsible for leading the efforts during regulatory inspections and investigations. Must also represent company interests with customers as necessary.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Guides and promotes safe work performance by developing safety systems, policies and procedures; develops safety campaigns and communications that are consistent with our safety objectives.
2. Enforces safety policies by conducting inspections, reporting statistics and counseling managers and employees.
3. Identifies and anticipates safety, health concerns and hazards by surveying operational and occupational conditions, rendering opinions on new equipment and procedures, investigating violations and recommending preventative programs.
4. Provides critical support to project management teams with regard to customers with unique safety requirements.
5. Provides oversight to our on-site medical provider to ensure Vigor receives necessary support.
6. Promotes a safe environment by coordinating and cooperating with local, state and regional safety groups and agencies; acts as liaison with Port of Portland, Coast Guard, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
7. Supports company-wide and project objectives. Rewrites and updates procedures and process memorandums as necessary.
8. Manages the Marine Chemist and Shipyard Competent Person Programs.
9. Oversees and coordinates the OSHA required Safety Committee.
10. Identifies the need for, supervises and conducts safety training programs.
11. Provides by direct intervention, or skilled leadership, accident investigation and follow up including root cause analysis and prevention.
12. Facilitates health and safety ownership by the line organization through integration of the Health and Safety Management System.
This position is the safety leader for our Portland facility and as such, is expected to exercise judgment and a level of credibility consistent with that role. Will directly supervise the work activities of safety staff and coordinate thoughtful solutions with project management teams while maintaining regulatory compliance. Must have a good command of regulatory requirements and experience in creating policies consistent with that knowledge and sound production processes.
Please apply online at http://vigorindustrial.com/jobs/details/38681