Commercial Ship Repair Project Superintendent - 32093
Posted: April 6th | Open Until: June 30th | Location: Nationwide
About Vigor Marine
Vigor Industrial LLC is a thriving West Coast provider of innovative industrial services. Our dynamic operations are united by a focus on quality craftsmanship, respect for each individual, and dedication to the task at hand. Our Company is committed to working in a safe and environmentally-responsible manner. Vigor Marine facilities are currently located in Bremerton, Everett and Tacoma, WA; Portland, OR; and Alameda and San Diego, CA.
Vigor Marine is one of seven companies in the Vigor Industrial family. We are a fast paced, highly successful ship repair company. With West Coast-wide operations, Vigor Marine’s projects range from voyage repair to complex dry-dockings.
A Project Superintendent for Commercial Ship Repair may be assigned to work out of any location for Vigor Marine, or may need to travel to other Vigor Marine locations as needed. Home office locations will likely be Portland, OR or Seattle, WA.
The Project Superintendent is responsible for specific project segments and activities associated with the profitable repair of ships. The incumbent plans, coordinates, manages, and evaluates work required to repair or modify marine vessels that produce timely, profitable results and satisfied customers. The incumbent must be self-disciplined, resourceful, and willing to accept responsibility for yard and customer assets as related to the assigned project. The incumbent demonstrates self-discipline, resourcefulness, and willingness to accept responsibility for yard and customer assets. Exercises appropriate independent judgment in adjusting priorities, goals and work assignments, methods, procedures and techniques to successfully facilitate vessel repairs and shipyard maintenance. Overall goals, budgets and priorities are established jointly with the appropriate manager where applicable. Progress and performance is monitored through periodic evaluation.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Develops short and long-term goals including work priorities and schedules for consideration to management. Applies marine knowledge to the planning, coordination and direction of daily and weekly production activities on assigned projects. Effectively communicates and collaborates with project manager(s) to develop strategies that result in the appropriate (i.e., timely and skill-specific) deployment of personnel and equipment needed on projects.
2. Coordinates tasks for each job among customers, project managers, and craft workers and revises daily/weekly schedules as needed. Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adherence to repair schedules.
3. Confers with and directs supervisory and project management personnel regularly to establish and revise work schedules, clarify objectives per turnovers, follow progress and resolve production issues. This includes ensuring that staff is correctly carrying out the work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of the repair process to prevent delays. Coordinates and orders parts and supplies as directed.
4. Confers with supervision and project management staff, and project inspectors and suppliers of materials, to resolve repair problems, and to improve repair methods of standard vessel maintenance work.
5. Interprets specifications and ensures that all change notices are properly documented and written consistent with established change reporting processes.
6. Prepares reports on work progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports. Responsible for operating within the established budget and for monitoring project costs while maintaining required standards of quality.
7. Reviews employee training needs and cross crafts trades workers to maximize employee skill base and work efficiencies. Confers with supervision, craft leads and project managers to recommend solutions to training needs in seeking out opportunities to maximize use of craft trades.
8. Maintains effective working relationship with supervisors, craft workers, customers, and project managers.
9. Ensures that worker safety and environmental concerns are constantly monitored problems are effectively resolved, and that all work performed meets standards set by regulatory bodies. Promotes and cultivates organizational Safety and Quality values and philosophies.
Please apply online at http://vigorindustrial.com/jobs/details/32093