Project Manager - USCG - 34088
Posted: May 9th | Open Until: July 7th, or until filled | Location: Seattle, WA
About Vigor Shipyards
Vigor Industrial LLC is a thriving provider of innovative industrial services. Our dynamic operations are united by a 100 year history that reflects pride of craftsmanship. You can find Vigor Industrial companies along the West Coast and in the Puget Sound.
Vigor Industrial’s shipyards in Portland and within the Puget Sound have a history rich in ship repair and ship building. Vigor Shipyard, located in Seattle on Harbor Island, is the largest marine employer in the State of Washington. Vigor Industrial’s corporate operations, in Portland Oregon houses six companies on Swan Island, doing industrial work ranging from ship repair to specialty coatings to machining and marine construction.
We value hard work and smart thinking, and appreciate that the reward is our ability to provide good jobs and contribute to the communities in which we operate. Our approach is simple. We hold everyone accountable for the success of the company. We don’t accept that the status quo is right. We minimize barriers within departments and crafts so that everyone can perform what is needed to accomplish the work. We respond quickly to market conditions and our customer’s needs. We take safety and our responsibility for environmental protection seriously.
As a Senior Member of the Program Management team, manage the Scope, Time, Cost, and Quality of the industrial work that is accomplished under the UCSG Ice Breaker MSMO Contract. Plans and accomplishes the work in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible while ensuring that the contract requirements and business rules are met.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Understands the requirements of the contract, and assumes responsibility for assigned areas. Oversees and manages MSMO availabilities for the program. Ensures the completion of the work to the satisfaction of the customer and meets the requirements of the contract and business rules.
2. Ensures that assigned tasks, duties and responsibilities are completed in accordance with the contract and reference requirements, the procurement and business rules, and the ESO guidelines.
3. Oversees and teams with the Ship Manager, Contracts Administrator, and Planning and Estimating Group to ensure that all program efforts are managed in accordance with the Contract Evaluation Criteria and CDRLS
4. Teams with the Ship Manager, Contracts Administrator, Planning and Estimating Group, and Subcontract Buyer to ensure that program funds are managed in accordance with the Contract Evaluation Criteria, CDRLS, and Company Requirements.
5. Teams with the Planning and Estimating Group, Ship Manager, Contracts Administrator and all necessary Vigor Shipyard Departments, including ; Production, QA, Procurement, and Safety, to manage Scope, Cost, Time and Quality to the satisfaction of all Stakeholders
6. Promotes and ensures effective communication with Business Office personnel, project team personnel, Availability subcontractors, the ship’s maintenance team members, and the Government’s Project Team.
7. Works with the Ship Manager, Planning and Estimating Group, Business Office and Vigor Shipyards management staff to provide status reports/shipyard positions to the customer at project meetings and review conferences.
8. Works with internal and external resources to resolve any problems and coordinate schedules.
9. Ensures compliance with Company, local, state, and federal laws and regulations
10. Conducts negotiations with the authorized Government personnel, and utilizes signature authority as required in the course of assigned duties.
1. Advocates for and is a model for the Vigor Code.
2. Coordinates with Accounting to ensure accurate customer invoices and timely payment
3. Supports volume forecasting and fee analysis reports to support Project Office reviews
4. Assists in preparation and timely submittal of CPAR responses
5. Utilizes education and training to raise productivity and effectiveness of administrative staff
6. Responds to change productively and contributes to team effort to accomplish desired results
7. Other duties as assigned
Operates within general parameter, but must use sound judgment and independent decision making when carrying out job responsibilities. Has the ability to influence and recommend modifying existing protocols. The projects budgets range up to $25 million in size. The role reports to the Program Manager The incumbent and staff are held accountable for the profitable performance of the work performance. Failure to meet the expectations of the customer could result in significant loss of profit and revenue from future business.
Please apply online http://vigorindustrial.com/jobs/details/34088