Mackay Communications, Inc. is America’s largest marine electronics service company. For over 50 years Mackay has sold, installed, and serviced navigation and communication equipment onboard commercial and naval ships, in all major US ports. We sustain our industry-leading position through strong technical talent, and hiring the right people. The goal is superior results for our customers and superior careers for our employees.
Mackay Communications, Inc. is currently seeking a Service Supervisor to join our Deer Park, TX office. The successful candidate will understand the customers’ needs and assign the best technician to fix it right the first time.
The Service Supervisor will:
• Manage $4 million annual budget with Profit and Loss responsibility
• Drive the successful completion of 1,500 marine service calls per year, with assistance from two (2) experienced assistants
• Leads, mentors, trains, and supervises 11 field technicians in two locations.
• Strengthen customer relationships by delivering excellent customer service including sending completed work orders and invoicing to customers
• Grow the business to increase staffing by 1+ technician in 2013
• Track the movement of vessels
• Call Agents to check on vessel movements
• Interface with Sales, Inventory, and World Service
• Enter jobs into the company database
Background to support success includes:
• Bachelor’s degree in electronics, communications, or business preferred
• 5 + years of supervisory experience of field technicians
• 3 + years of customer service experience, international experience a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Mackay offers a competitive salary in addition to health insurance, paid vacation, 401(k) plan, and a company-paid pension plan.
Mackay is an equal employment opportunity employer, a veterans-friendly organization, and veterans with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and pass a thorough background check.