• Candidate will be responsible for analyzing the technical aspects of different types of ships as per the requirements specified by various IMO conventions.
• Reviewing the ship survey reports prepared by International Register of Shipping ship surveyors and analyzing new construction and modification drawings of various types of ships with the aim of approving them on behalf of IRS Class Society, in accordance with IMO and other international regulations. Performing review /verification of technical requirements of marine vessels/structures
• Updating International Register of Shipping about new marine technical advances, assuring that adequate reference materials are available in IRS office and developing international training programs in related areas.
• Should be knowledgeable of classification society functions, IMO conventions and regulations mainly SOLAS, MARPOL, LL, Tonnage Conventions and other Codes such as ISM/ISPS codes.
• Having Maritime Auditor qualification will be added advantage.
• Provide assistance to Technical Publications Division as necessary.
• Perform various job related projects as assigned by Management.
• Must hold at least Bachelors degree in Marine Engineering or any related areas.
• Have prior about 5+ years experience in a classification society, ship surveying company, ship repair yard with marine engineering/ survey or technical review experience.
• Undertaking maritime research in universities and industry
• Understanding of process analysis and development of procedures
• Understanding of modeling & simulation
• Must have strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Medical insurance 50% paid by Company
• Paid vacation, holidays, personal, and sick days
• Great working environment