JOB DESCRIPTION: The Marine Personnel Manager coordinates the staffing activity of the crew including internal and external recruiting and placement, scheduling, and management of payroll. The Marine Personnel Manager acts as the liaison between management and crew personnel.
• Conducts interviews and placement selections for most crew positions.
• Reviews and pre-qualify applicants for Engineering and Wheelhouse Depts.
• Schedules crew on vessels, tugs, and barges according to U.S.C.G. requirements.
• Processes and checks all paperwork pertaining to employee transfer, change in job classification, and increases etc.
• Coordinates travel arrangements for all crew and office personnel.
• HRIS management (Perfect Software).
• Gathers all employee personal and professional references.
• Assists in the preparation and implementation of the EEO and Affirmative Action Plan.
• Performs other duties in Personnel Department, as required, including composing and typing correspondence regarding personnel reports and procedures.
• Processing benefit paperwork and submitting to corp. office.
• Must have current USCG Master of Towing License and Bachelor degree in related field
• Must have full understanding of USCG license requirements for uninspected towing vessels.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Strong organizational, research, and problem solving skills.
• Minimum of two years recruiting for both exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Towing Captain and shore-side management experience preferred.