Port Engineer – Tankers (Seattle, WA):
Jacksonville-based Crowley Maritime Corporation, founded in San Francisco in 1892, is a privately held family and employee-owned company that provides diversified transportation and logistics services in domestic and international markets by means of six operating lines of business: Puerto Rico/Caribbean Liner Services, Latin America Liner Services, Logistics Services, Petroleum Services, Marine Services and Technical Services. Offered within these operating lines of business are the following services: liner container shipping, logistics, contract towing and transportation; ship assist and escort; energy support; salvage and emergency response; vessel management; vessel construction and naval architecture; government services, and petroleum and chemical transportation, distribution and sales.
We are a family and employee owned company that was founded over 100 years ago. Crowley encourages its employees to grow and develop within the company and believes our diverse workforce contributes tremendously to our success.
Crowley is committed to providing a safe, secure and healthy workplace to each of its employees; fulfilling the safety, security, environmental and quality requirements of our customers; and continually improving our Environmental Stewardship through prevention of pollution and protection of the environment. To do this, every Crowley employee is responsible for developing sufficient knowledge of the Management System in order to support these goals.
Management position responsible for the repair, maintenance, and modifications of U.S. flag petroleum tanker vessels assigned to a specific region or operating company.
• Development and monitoring of budgets and schedules, contractor selection, and contract management.
• Responsibility for compliance with regulatory rules and regulations and liaison to USCG and ABS agencies.
• Management of the vessels’ daily maintenance and repair as well as all expenditure controls.
• Complete drydock and project management as well as the development of specifications and bid packages, contract negotiations, and quality assurance.
• Monitor the vessel’s maintenance & repair and purchasing modules in the computerized management program and reporting system (NS5).
• Act as liaison to vessel charterer (including vessels chartered to US Government- MSC)
• Travel will be required to attend vessels for routine monitoring as well as for project and drydock management.
• Employees are accountable to management and each other to ensure every task is done safely in accordance with Management Systems or business unit procedures with the objective of continuously improving our processes.
• This position will report to the Manager, Fleet Operations.
Employees are accountable to management and each other to ensure every task is done safely in accordance with Management Systems and procedures with the objective of continuously improving our processes.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
Minimum 5 years experience in a shoreside marine engineering related position. USCG licensed engineer with sailing experience on oil tankers preferred.
All Crowley positions require proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word. Some positions may also include proficiency in other applications.
Bachelors degree in marine engineering or equivalency in engineering related field.
Works outside in conditions of both hot and cold temperatures as well as inside in an office environment. Must be able to crouch and stoop to get into areas with restricted headroom, to climb ladders and to lift and carry 50-75 lbs. Exposed to odors, dust, dirt, mechanical hazards, high noise levels and potentially hazardous equipment. May involve travel to multiple locations and extended stays out of home location. Long hours, short notice travel, weekend duties and 24-hour on-call status essential job requirements. Must comply with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Prescription, and vision insurance.
Other benefits include:
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* Matching 401k
* Tuition Assistance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Group Life Insurance
* Short-term and Long-term Disability Coverage
* Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Time
* Employee Activity, Wellness Programs, and Discounts
Crowley Maritime Corporation
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be U.S. work authorized.
Crowley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For affirmative action purposes and to assist in our compliance with federal government record keeping, we would request that you complete a voluntary self-identification information form. All information provided will be kept confidential and separate from your application data. This form can be accessed by going to this link: http://www.crowley.com/Careers/Forms/Voluntary-Affirmative-Action