Zone Manager (2 openings) - 32039
Posted: April 5th | Open Until: May 5th, or until filled | Location: Seattle, WA Share on email More Sharing Services Share on facebook Share on linkedin Share on twitter
About Vigor Shipyards
Vigor Industrial LLC is a thriving provider of innovative industrial services. Our dynamic operations are united by a 100 year history that reflects pride of craftsmanship. You can find Vigor Industrial companies along the West Coast and in the Puget Sound.
Vigor Industrial’s shipyards in Portland and within the Puget Sound have a history rich in ship repair and ship building. Vigor Shipyard, located in Seattle on Harbor Island, is the largest marine employer in the State of Washington. Vigor Industrial’s corporate operations, in Portland Oregon houses six companies on Swan Island, doing industrial work ranging from ship repair to specialty coatings to machining and marine construction.
We value hard work and smart thinking, and appreciate that the reward is our ability to provide good jobs and contribute to the communities in which we operate. Our approach is simple. We hold everyone accountable for the success of the company. We don’t accept that the status quo is right. We minimize barriers within departments and crafts so that everyone can perform what is needed to accomplish the work. We respond quickly to market conditions and our customer’s needs. We take safety and our responsibility for environmental protection seriously.
Due to the nature of Vigor Shipyards United States Government contracts, we can only accept applications from qualified United States Citizens. We cannot consider non-US Citizens.
Professionally manage assigned work package to ensure a technically acceptable product is provided at the agreed upon price in the time allotted by the schedule. Document and adjudicate deviations and constructive changes to the work package.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Assemble Project Team for execution. Ensure proper skill sets available for value stream. Ensure proper personalities for team cohesiveness. Position the right people to Supervisor & Lead Roles. Develop manning plan with Production Supervisor.
2. Confers with and directs supervisory and project management personnel regularly to establish and revise work schedules, clarify objectives per turnovers, follow progress and resolve production issues. This includes ensuring that staff is correctly carrying out the work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of the repair process to prevent delays. Coordinates and orders parts and supplies as directed.
3. Ensures that worker safety and environmental concerns are constantly monitored and problems are effectively resolved, and that all work performed meets standards set by regulatory bodies. Promotes and cultivates organizational Safety and Quality values and philosophies. Ensures that ESH and QA are treated as “part of the work” and not separate programs or someone else’s responsibility.
4. Accomplish 30, 60 & 90 day reviews. Assign / remove pay premiums for premium work performed. Monitor and approve late lunch / no lunch entries. Ensure production supervisors and leads recognize outstanding performance, look for continuous process improvement and challenge the routine. The person mitigates conflicts and resolves production discrepancies. He/she ensures CBA adherence. Review Process Memorandums, determine applicability to current project. Ensure adherence when applicable.
5. Execute schedule using 2-weeky look ahead and daily work plans. Identify and report (CFR) changes in scope of base work package by initiating / writing the CFR to clearly describe the problem and provide a recommended action / resolution. Follow, without exception, the proscribed Joint Ship Check process. Identify and report (D&D) delays and disruptions. Maintain schedule daily to reflect changes in scope, delays and decisive changes in strategy Integrate sub-contractor work seamlessly (they are us) Integrate work processes, share NSA requirements & Project specific strategy / knowledge (Code 106 requirements, etc.) Manage cost in AOR. Verify manning levels required to accomplish scheduled goals. Work to the plan and make corrections as approved by APM. Minimize OT to specific schedule needs. Monitor performance of work items and value stream(s). Maintain and progress to properly project end costs. Manage work to a first time quality level of performance Ensure use of Process Memorandums (Work Item Pre-Start Brief, etc.)Ensure objective quality evidence (OQE) is generated to validate work (in process QC)
6. Certify work upon completion and after review of OQE (Sign TGI’s) Integrate / coordinate with other value streams to ensure best use of resources.
7. Determine Company priorities and work to achieve over all success, not limited to own AOR (share resources when required). Assist, support and promote relations with other Zone Managers and Assistant Project Managers.
8. Promote genuine concern for the health, safety and welfare of all Vigor Shipyards employees. Ensure daily stretch and flex with safety briefs are performed.
9. Ensure timely reporting of accidents IAW company policies. Follow up on all injuries / accidents and employee status changes
10. Periodically represent Vigor Shipyards to the Customer (Code 400), the NSA (PSNS) & Ship’s Force Establish and maintain strong working relationship with Customer (Code 400), the NSA (PSNS) & Ship’s Force Attend internal and external Project meeting as required Provide input and updates of information as requested by customer. Accomplish subjective quality /production / progress surveys with customer as required.
The person operates within general parameters, but must use sound judgment and independent decision-making when carrying our most job responsibilities. He/she has the ability to influence and recommend modifying existing protocols. The role has Budget responsibility of several million dollars in AOR. Failure to meet expectations could result in lost Award Fee.
The Zone Manager works with many levels inside Vigor Shipyards, the ship, the Government, and the NSA Project Team. This position represents the Company through formal and informal interactions with the customer and interacts with mid level Ship’s Force officers and supervisors. Face to face meetings occur at least monthly. Additionally, the individual contacts government officials and industry peers on a routine basis.
Please apply online at http://vigorindustrial.com/jobs/details/32039