Facilities Supervisor and Dockmaster Trainee - 32895
Posted: April 13th | Open Until: May 18th | Location: Seattle, WA Share on email More Sharing Services Share on facebook Share on linkedin Share on twitter
About Vigor Shipyards
Vigor Industrial LLC is a thriving provider of innovative industrial services. Our dynamic operations are united by a 100 year history that reflects pride of craftsmanship. You can find Vigor Industrial companies along the West Coast and in the Puget Sound.
Vigor Industrial’s shipyards in Portland and within the Puget Sound have a history rich in ship repair and ship building. Vigor Shipyard, located in Seattle on Harbor Island, is the largest marine employer in the State of Washington. Vigor Industrial’s corporate operations, in Portland Oregon houses six companies on Swan Island, doing industrial work ranging from ship repair to specialty coatings to machining and marine construction.
We value hard work and smart thinking, and appreciate that the reward is our ability to provide good jobs and contribute to the communities in which we operate. Our approach is simple. We hold everyone accountable for the success of the company. We don’t accept that the status quo is right. We minimize barriers within departments and crafts so that everyone can perform what is needed to accomplish the work. We respond quickly to market conditions and our customer’s needs. We take safety and our responsibility for environmental protection seriously.
Reporting directly to the Dock Master, the Facilities Supervisor/Dockmaster Trainee contributes to the drydocking processes and supervises daily facilities maintenance processes. The docking processes include planning for the docking and undocking of vessels, learning and applying stability calculations and pumping plans. Supervision of the maintenance team includes such duties as troubleshooting and determining root cause of failures and restoring equipment to service in a timely manner.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Working with the Dock Master, plans and lays out docking and undocking activities; performs stability calculations; prepare and lays out blocks; gathers and maintains weight logs and docking plans.
2. Develop and manage administrative maintenance documentation to include work orders, work schedules and historical record keeping, utilizing maintenance software systems.
3. Coordinates the work of employees assigned to specific dockings and undockings. Trains employees to improve knowledge of docking processes; makes adjustments in processes in the course of docking or undocking.
4. Establish and recommend appropriate personnel manning levels that support the maintenance effort.
5. Provides input to the estimating function by estimating staffing and material costs for inclusion in bid documents.
6. Oversees maintenance program for drydocks to include preventive and corrective maintenance.
7. Develop and supervise any sub-contractor work required to repair equipment.
8. Supervise maintenance personnel in the proper documentation repairs.
9. Responds to change productively and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
10. Travels to other Vigor Industrial shipyards as needed to assist with drydockings.
11. Develops skills and knowledge to allow advancement into a role managing projects or other aspects of the Facility Department.
Please apply online at http://vigorindustrial.com/jobs/details/32895