Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Applies diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields within a team setting.
2. Makes decisions as to engineering approach and suitability of results.
3. Has capability to oversee use of advanced analytical techniques.
4. Implements all aspects of Company policies and engineering standards in the execution of assignments.
5. Provides input to development of design guidelines and procedures.
6. Serves as company representative in Client meetings.
7. Routinely carries out complex assignments requiring the use of nonstandard procedures as part of a team.
8. Reviews written work and calculations by others and consolidates with own work into well-written and detailed technical reports of a specific focus.
9. Work may result in development of procedures that are more efficient or more accurate than current practice.
10. Serves as an in-house technical resource across multiple projects.
11. Has specific and detailed knowledge of analytical methods, equipment, materials or systems in field of expertise.
12. Provides training to junior-level employees.
13. Performs other duties and services to ensure a successful project is delivered and client is satisfied.
14. Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
Required Education & Experience:
1. Bachelors of Science in Naval Architecture.
2. 1-2 years post graduation experience desired in related industry.
1. Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy.
1. Ability to perform calculations related to drydock operation, including stability and structure.
2. Ability to perform or support stability analysis, weight control, marine operating manuals and other general naval architect evaluation/design activities.
3. Experience with evaluation/design of offshore drilling units is of significant interest.
4. Ability to read, interpret, and prepare drawings using AutoCAD software.
5. Strong analytical skills and research ability are critical.
6. Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization.
7. Proven track record of exceeding performance metrics.