Swing Shift Production Manager - 29212
Posted: February 21st | Open Until: Filled | Location: Seattle, WA Share on email More Sharing Services Share on facebook Share on linkedin Share on twitter
About US Fab
US Fab is part of the Vigor Industrial family of industrial services. We are an innovative manufacturer based in the Pacific Northwest. From sea-worthy barges to methane gas recycling systems, we use advanced technology and specialized manufacturing to meet our customer’s needs.
(Many of the exciting Seattle opportunities have been created because the Company has been awarded a Washington State Ferry contract. The anticipated duration of this project is 12 months. As a result, the continuance of this position beyond the referenced project will be contingent upon future project awards being obtained.)
This is a Swing Shift position.
This position is responsible for leading project based job results, specifically delivery under budget and on-time. This is accomplished by leading the development and execution of a daily plan of the day that successfully supports overall project objectives. Interfaces with and takes direction from the Ship Manager in generating executable plans to deliver to Supervisors executing the work. Assists the Supervisors and work station Leads in mitigation strategies as soon as variances from schedule are identified. Daily progressing against daily plan is required to identify and mitigate variances. Will be required to learn and perform functions of Project Manager on smaller projects that do not necessarily require the services of a Project Manager. Will report directly to Director of Manufacturing to support work for non-project based work not supported by a Ship Manager.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Coordinates estimates into work plans and work schedules utilizing MS Project and ensures materials are delivered to work stations as needed. Coordinates scope of work, Crafts workers and subcontractors needed to complete jobs on time and within budget.
2. Sequencing units of work to meet required delivery dates and maintain project profitability within or ahead of budget. Removes roadblocks identified by Supervisors / Leads and Production workers.
3. Promotes a safe working environment using daily safety briefs. Promoting/enforcing PPE, discussing job hazard analysis, and accident prevention.
4. Supports supervisors in resolving any issues and eliminating barriers that may compromise the successful completion of the plan of the day and elevate those issues they are unable to resolve.
5. Supports the estimating and planning phases of the project by attending meetings and supporting the creation of the estimate and the quality of the plan with the PMT and Central Staffing as needed.
6. Responsible for identifying and aligning external resources to support the execution of the project. These groups include any and all departments that interface with production such as Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Facilities.
7. Primary liaison between workers or leads at each of their responsible work stations regarding communications relative to performance on safety, quality, budget and schedule.
8. Manages subcontract production through subcontractor’s onsite supervisors.
9. Coordinates Supervisors and workers in prioritizing activities/jobs to meet or exceed customer expectations while assuring best use of shipyard facilities and resources.
10. Utilizes Central Staffing services for trade specific issues and for establishing a manning plan for each project.
11. Identify and report (CFR) changes in scope of base work package by initiating/writing the CFR to clearly describe the problem and provide a recommended action/resolution.
12. Understands and implements company and departmental policies/procedures.
Please apply online http://vigorindustrial.com/jobs/details/29212