At long last, the American Queen is returning to America's waterways. Known as the largest steamboat in the world, the American Queen will travel the Mississippi River and its surrounding tributaries. Offering vacations filled with nostalgia, history, romance and adventure, visitors will delight aboard this truly remarkable steamboatin' experience.
The Great American Steamboat Company is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual for the position of Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for the following job duties (this list is not all inclusive but meant to be a preview of the expectations of this position).
The Chief Engineer is the head of the Engineering Department. He / she supervises and coordinates the work activities of officers and crew engaged in operating and maintaining propulsion equipment, engines,boilers, deck machinery, electrical, refrigeration and sanitary equipment aboard the vessel. He / she oversees the installation and repair of systems and equipment onboard by outside contractors. He / she directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for the planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects on board.
Travel & Schedule
Work shall be performed onboard the vessel, American Queen, on a rotation of “30 days on/30 days off”; crew shall live aboard the vessel and may be required to work up to 12 hour days during their rotation.
Travel shall be provided for crew travel to/from the vessel.
• Must possess leadership qualities with the ability to give personnel sound instructions.
• Must possess all documentation as set forth by the U.S.C.G. and company policies.
• Must possess USCG license which satisfies COI requirements of applicable vessel.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English
• Able to communicate well with others
• Well groomed
• Demonstrate oral and written communication skills sufficient to perform safety functions
• Ability to live and work in a small environment
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be in good physical condition and of sound mind with no physical limitations that would
hinder or prevent performance of duties.
• Ability to work 12 hours or more per day, stand for long periods of time & lift at least 60 pounds.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.greatamericansteamboatcompany.com. Please attach any licenses and certifications to the application