First line supervisor of a skilled production labor workforce. The job typically requires specialized training in supervision and 5+ years of job related training and experience managing people in welding and aluminum boat fabrication. Other requirements include experience in the work of the department, or equivalent of a custom aluminum boat manufacturing company. Under management guidance, schedules work, assists with employee selection, reviews employee performance, administers work rules and recommends compensation, unless it is governed by contract. Other responsibilities include productivity and quality management to the extent that it falls within department’s control. Recommends equipment upgrades, staffing adjustments, process modifications and may recommend product or service modifications.
Additional skills required:
1. Work with management or workers to resolve worker problems, complaints or grievances.
2. Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or problems.
3. Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and tasks within or between departments.
4. Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in production.
5. Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences.
6. Have an understanding of safe rigging of large objects and how to handle them with cranes and forklifts.
7. Guide workers in efficient techniques in fitting, welding, bending, or other fabrication methods in producing quality products
8. Maintain and implements NWM welding procedures and standards updated.
9. Oversee welder certifications and testing.
The qualified applicant must be proficient with the Microsoft suite, Including Outlook, Word and Excel. Proficiency with Microsoft Projects a big plus
All positions also require the following:
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and understand instructions and safety criteria,
provided in English.
• Have a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability
• Excellent attendance history
• AN IN COMPANY WELD TEST may be required
In addition, production and other shop-related positions require the ability to:
• Work any shift needed to support production (day, swing, grave shifts)
• Proficient shop math skills (accurate with decimals & fractions geometry and algebra)
• Manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
• Ability to read and understand manufacturing planning, precision measuring equipment, detailed drawings and sketches.
Communications skills include giving and receiving verbal instructions in English
• Must be a United States Citizen
• Other requirements
• Proper safe usage of power tools such as grinders, drill, saws ETC.
• Work and communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in a positive manner.
• 2 year college degree
• Only applications and resumes that reference a specific open position will be considered for open positions.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports a drug-free workplace.