Chief Engineer – International Chemical Tanker – 30,000 Ton
The Chief Engineer is the head of the Engine Department onboard and holds the primary responsibility for the safe, incident-free operation and maintenance of all machinery.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Chief Engineer reports to the Master in all matters concerning Engine Department, its personnel, and its functions. This individual is responsible for:
• Safe and efficient operation, maintenance, and repair of all machinery
• Overall administration of the Engine Department, engineering personnel and its functions.
• Preventive and corrective maintenance activities as well as administering computerized planned maintenance system.
• Compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
• Supervision of other engineers and unlicensed personnel assigned to the Engine department.
• Training, informing, and supervising engineering personnel on applicable laws and regulations as well as machinery operations, bunker and lube oil transfers, vessel emissions & discharges.
• Conducting performance evaluation for engineering personnel
• Perform other duties as assigned
In addition to above responsibilities, the Chief Engineer is also designated as the Environmental Officer on board.
Job Requirements :
This position requires:
• Minimum of an unlimited USCG or International Chief Engineer's License for motor vessels (Class 1)
• A valid passport
• STCW training
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written
• Prior experience as a Chief Engineer with a minimum of one year as a Chief Engineer on a chemical tanker with a minimum of 3 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer.
• Additional experience with chemical tankers is preferred, but not required.
• Experience with computerized planned maintenance system, preferably with NS5 (Safenet)
• Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment and in close quarters with international crew
Please forward resume to email@example.com