Vigor Marine is one of seven companies in the Vigor Industrial family. We are a fast paced, highly successful ship repair company. Our creative, flexible style allows for individual solutions to unique customer needs. We are equally comfortable responding to an emergency repair job as we are executing a multi-year maintenance agreement. With West Coast-wide operations, Vigor Marine’s projects range from voyage repair to complex dry-dockings.
Vigor Industrial LLC is a thriving West Coast provider of innovative industrial services with services that range from ship repair to specialty coatings to water treatment. Our dynamic operations are united by a focus on quality craftsmanship, respect for each individual, and dedication to the task at hand. Vigor Industrial is committed to working in a safe and environmentally-responsible manner. Vigor facilities are located in Everett, Bremerton, Tacoma and Port Angeles, WA; Portland, OR; and Alameda and San Diego, CA.
We are looking for experienced Superintendents with a background in Ship Repair. In this position you will:
• Use your knowledge of marine-related equipment, ship repair and construction techniques; sequencing of ship repair activities; shipyard safety practices; complex mathematical principles as applied to shipping activities.
• Develops short-term goals and long-term goals including work priorities and schedules for consideration to the assigned Project Manager. Plans, coordinates and directs daily and weekly production activities on assigned ship repair contracts and construction crafts. Effectively communicates and collaborates with managers to develop strategies that result in the appropriate (i.e., timely and skill-specific) deployment of personnel and equipment needed on projects.
• Confers with and directs supervisory and project management personnel regularly to establish and revise work schedules, clarify objectives, follow progress and resolve production issues. This includes ensuring that employees are correctly carrying out the work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of the repair process to prevent delays. Coordinates and orders parts and supplies as directed.
To be considered for this position you must have the following experience:
• Four years experience in Ship Repair in a Management type capacity running multi-trade crews on Commercial and/or Naval vessels
• In lieu of 4 years experience, you may substitute a Maritime related Bachelors Degree and 2 years of Ship Repair Supervisory experience on Commercial or Naval vessels
• Strong shipyard “smarts”
• Proven ability to communicate with customers in an effective and knowledgeable manner
Minimum Work Environment Requirements (Must have the ability to perform the essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others.):
• Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to current or daily job duties
• Be fit for a respirator
• Constantly climb stairs and ladders, up to 200 rungs/steps per hour
• Access confined spaces
• Walk to, from and between assigned work areas through out scheduled shift
• Endure noise, fumes, dust and inclement weather
• Work overtime as needed to meet production demands
• Email your resume to Daava Mills, Recruiter@ VigorMarine.com
• Visit our website at www.vigormarine.com
We welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Vigor Marine is an affirmative action employer and drug free work environment.