For more info and immediate consideration APPLY ONLINE AT: WWW.CRUISEWEST.COM/CAREERS
This position is based at our Corporate Headquarters in Seattle, WA.
Manage and monitor all port logistics for the Cruise West fleet to ensure the safe and efficient ingress and egress of the ships, its crew and passengers. Act as the primary liaison between ships and port authorities. Negotiate contracts for docks, moorage and services.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
· Set up and monitor all port calls for the fleet to include selection of dock, moorage, and services.
· Insure the appropriate regulatory paper work is completed and submitted accurately and on time for all ship ingress and egress including crew and passengers.
· Manage all pre-season communications with port agents, to include providing port agents with the correct ship schedules in advance of the operating season along with requests for pro-forma invoices.
· Negotiate contracts with port facilities to ensure reasonable costs of services. Request review and receive all pro-formas in advance of the ships operation season. Set up pre-payment as required and manage and monitor all invoices for accuracy.
· Confirm all port agents and provide the ships command with all pertinent contact information and docking instructions.
· Work closely with Cruise West shipboard and office personnel to ensure proper required customs and border patrol documentation is completed.
· Stay current on changing conditions, such as weather to ensure safe mooring conditions and work with port facilities as necessary on contingencies.
· Build and maintain strong communication and positive relationships with Port Agents, Ship’s Agents and Port Authorities.
· Assist in training of ships crew in proper submittal of required regulatory forms i.e., ANOA and ENOA etc...
· Travel as necessary for site inspections.
· Work closely with Fleet Captains, Fort Engineers, Product Development and Land Operations staff as necessary for efficient port logistics management.
· Will be required to work on call for operations contingencies.
· Minimum 3 - 5 years experience managing port logistics or similar role.
· Must have or be able to obtain and maintain intimate knowledge of Cruise West business and internal Operations.
· Demonstrated experience and ability in building and maintaining strong relationships both internally and externally.
· Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain highly accurate documentation and files.
· Must have a high degree of flexibility and ability to deal with exceptions and solve problems efficiently and conscientiously, especially when faced with contingency situations.
· Proven project management skills with a demonstrated attention to detail and sense of urgency.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Demonstrated experience in vendor negotiations and cost management.
· Proficient computer skills in MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
· Ability to travel as needed.