Join our team as a Marine Superintendent !!
The qualified candidate will have continuous contact and provide technical support to the assigned ships as assigned by the Director, Fleet Management. The alternate Marine Superintendent, Electrical (appointed by Director, Fleet Management) will serve as deputy for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keep the specified (or) assigned Marine Superintendents, Technical updated of his activities in the respective ships and coordinate all major projects through that position.
• Motivate ships personnel and encourage teamwork and improvement.
• Maintain direct communication, including frequent visits, with senior management and the Marine Superintendent, Technical to assist in the selection and installation of machinery, equipment, and safety appliances to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, company safety, and environmental policy.
• Support the repair and maintenance of all RCI ships' electrical systems and oversee drydock planning and technical budgets of the Deck, Engine, and Hotel Departments, in coordination with Marine Superintendent, Technical.
• Work closely with the representatives from various classification societies and governing agencies which regulate the operation of our ships.
• With the Marine Superintendent, Technical, coordinate and ensure (well within the time frame) from the flag state, class association, or other government bodies for any change to the construction or equipment onboard.
• Study the efficiency of the ships' electrical plants in cooperation with the ships' Chief Electrician and propose long-term investment plans for improvement of the operation.
• Recommend equipment and designs for future projects.
• Recommend and approve electrical equipment for use onboard the ships.
• Be informed about available technical research and projects, seek information and evaluate new technology for use onboard RCI ships, as well as institute test programs on such equipment together with ships' personnel.
• Give support to ensure all electrical equipment and onboard procedures are in compliance with applicable regulations, class requirements and company policy.
• Support ships' Chief Electrician on electrical maintenance.
• Advise on follow-up projects.
• Ensure in cooperation with the Marine Superintendent, Technical, that technically related incidents, failures and damages are properly investigated and reported.
• Inspect and advise passenger entertainment and communication systems.
• Give recommendations to Human Resources Department regarding education and training of ship electricians.
• Assist Marine Superintendents, Technical with electrical guarantee matters.
• Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system in the Marine Electrical area of responsibility.
• Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system in the Marine Electrical area of responsibility.
• Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels in the Marine Electrical area of responsibility.
• Verify the implementation of solutions in the Marine Electrical area of responsibility.
• Control further processing, delivery, or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected in the Marine Electrical area of responsibility.
• Bachelor Degree in Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineer or related field.
• Some Maritime experience preferred.
• May be required to Travel approximately 10 to 25% of the time or as directed.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://royalcaribbean.hire.com.
Royal Caribbean International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment may be subject to criminal background check, physical examinations, drug testing, and reference checks.